More and more homeowners are turning to heat pumps as alternatives to a traditional HVAC system. Why? Here are just a few of the main reasons why we see so many of our clients at AC Guys Cooling and Heating Services switching over to heat pumps:
- Lower indoor humidity—Here in Florida, humidity is a big issue, and you don’t want to live in a home that’s overly humid. Just like a traditional HVAC system, a heat pump can help you lower indoor humidity levels.
- Quiet operation—If you switch to a heat pump, you’ll hardly notice when it switches on because these systems are designed to be incredibly quiet. If you’re tired of listening to all the noises your current system makes when it turns on, a heat pump may be the way to go.
- Energy efficiency—One of your biggest household expenses is likely your utility bills. Heat pumps are extremely energy-efficient systems, so you can cut down on energy costs when you have one installed in your home.
- Environmentally friendly—Heat pumps run entirely on electricity. If you use solar panels to power your home, you can set up your system so that your heat pump runs entirely on energy generated by your solar panel setup.
- Heating and cooling capabilities—Even though it doesn’t get too cold in Florida, sometimes, you do need to switch on the heat. Heat pumps offer both heating and cooling capabilities, so one of these systems can keep your home comfortable year-round.